Saturday 23 March 2013

Asian Fried Rice w/ Baked Fish


I’ve been on a fish fillet high for a few weeks now and here’s just another recipe featuring more fish. I didn’t eat it for a long time, now I can’t get enough of it. It’s about to end though, I need some more texture!
Oh, and for the rice, I only called it Asian because I added soy sauce. Yes? No? Ah, whatev, that’s the recipe name and I’m sticking with it.
To replicate, here’s what you’ll need:
1 cup long grain white rice
2 cups water
1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
2 Knorr cubes
1 packet Soy sauce
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp Mrs. Dash chipotle seasoning
2 tbsps Canola oil
1. Preheat stove to medium heat.
2. Rinse the rice (to remove extra starch). Add rice to a pot along with 2 cups water. Let cook till firm (when you can press it between your fingers, but not fully cooked) for 15-20 minutes. Set aside.
3. In another pot, add oil and let heat for a few minutes over medium heat. Add mixed vegetables. Add seasonings (including soy sauce). Stir thoroughly. Let cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Reduce heat
4. Add rice. Reduce heat. Mixed veggies thoroughly with rice. Let cook another 10 minutes till done (if needed, add more water).
Voila!
For the fish, I used the same ingredients as for the fish kebabs, minus the bell peppers and onions.
Here’s a pic of the fish before it went in the oven:

So, if you’ve ever wondered how some Chinese restaurants get their fried rice so dark, it’s been loaded up with soy sauce!
This was pretty quick to make, I was done in no time and before I started I thought it was going to take a while, but it didn’t. So, on those days you’re short on time, don’t order in, if you have these ingredients you can make it work too.
Enjoy…




Post Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment